WonderWorks Art Contest 2022-2023
WonderWorks is now accepting art submissions from CNY students to be featured in the CNY-ART: New York Youth Art Gallery located inside WonderWorks Syracuse. WonderWorks is looking to expand its illusion art gallery with a special section for budding young artists.
This year’s contest theme is: Brought to Light
Whether it’s the light bulb that goes off in your head or the bright idea you bring to center stage, “Brought to Light” explores what happens when thoughts, theories, and far-off fantasies are given a chance to shine. Artists are encouraged to ignite their imaginations and show off the greatness that can be created when it is “Brought to Light.”
Applications Open: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Artwork can be no larger than 18” X 24” and must be able to be placed in a flat frame (i.e., no raised canvases, 3D elements or sculptures).
- Digital artwork is not eligible.
- A photo of your artwork must be uploaded with your application.
- Artwork must be original. Original artwork is defined as such that it is unique in concept, design, and execution.
- Artists must be willing to loan their piece to WonderWorks to be displayed in the facility. Each piece will be displayed in a lockable frame.
- If your work is selected, you must be willing and able to drop off your piece at WonderWorks or ship it to the location. The same rules apply for pickup.
- WonderWorks reserves the right to photograph any artwork displayed.
- Teachers submitting work on behalf of their student(s) are asked to limit the number of similar submissions. We ask that teachers submitting work from an in-class unit submit a maximum of 5 pieces per unit/theme.
Winning submissions will be on display in the WonderWorks art gallery for a year. Winners will also receive four complimentary tickets to see their work on display in the gallery.
Applications for the 2022-23 contest have closed at this time. Applications for the 2023-24 contest will open in the fall.